Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Mayor of Beaverdam




October 22, 2012
Dear Jene,
There is a wide range of public opinion in regards to the value of Facebook as a means to connect to people. My own opinion has run the gamut from complete openness to never again. The one thing I am sure about is that I'm most grateful that it has given me the opportunity to connect with you.  I don't mean to be sappy but growing up you were one of the PVHS girls I admired and wished I was closer friends with. You were something special then but now your are truly amazing and a constant inspiration. I admire your creativity, your full speed ahead approach to life and the love and attention you give those you love. You are a cheerleader of life!

I was so touched that you and Claude came to the Antique Shop that day.  So wonderful to see you. You really made my heart sing when you both came out to Heritage Day. Thank you for your donation, your support and your fabulous, now published, photo of my victory.  It is a  great moment in my life.

I look forward to visiting you and visa versa in the future. Maybe for the grand opening of the She Shed.

Thank you for your daily words of wisdom. I think you speak for a lot of women and Lord knows, we women need to support each other at every opportunity.

I admire you very much and I remain your friend,
Billie

P.S. I think I missed sending you Birthday wishes on your most special birthday.  You are like a fine wine-you only get better with age!

1 comment:

  1. Oh...my....words from the Mayor...I am so honored to see the "voice" of a yong lady that I grew up with...who actually married one of my first boyfriends. Thank you Billie for those sweet words....you will never know how they touched my heart...remembering growing up in that one stoplight town and knowing there was so much out there...you have always found a way to turn dark corners into bright openings...find steps where few would climb. Thank you Madam Mayor...keep on doin' what you do..and I'll be there to catch you at it! xo

    ReplyDelete