Sunday, August 5, 2012

Movin Day


I started writing this...the day they moved...but just couldn't get around to finishing it.  Every morning when I wake up and each night before going to bed, I look out my front door and "check on" this house.

When I bless ours...and ask for safety through the night, I include this house.

There are just some houses...that no matter who has owned them in the past...or has temporary custody of them...they somehow keep the spirit of the cherished friends you come to associate with "the house".  This one, will always be Lynn Lloyd's,  even though there have been four owners since she and Ron left...it's still...Lynn's...her colors, her fence, her patio..remain...there have been few changes.   


I think  houses choose...and release...their inhabitants.  I certainly know mine did.  They keep us for a spell and when the time is right...they release us...to our dream job in another state, or our dream house just three blocks over.  They coddle and nurture us and like the nest they represent...eventually send us on our way.

Who leaves the village...only the guests...the houses live on, keeping the memories and the stories associated with all that was created within.

Best of luck Lisa and Chris on your new home...your dream house!  It popped up when you least expected it...and maybe weren't so sure you were prepared.  Thing is ...you have to go...trusting...and sometimes carrying your heavy... yet happy heart along with you.  I think you have truly found "Lisa's House".  Now it's on to another adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment