Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Prophet of the Friendly Village





The prophets of old were very wise and had some age on them. Our very own Jene is in the aging process. As  the saying goes ... age, ripen and season.
Did I say ,  "As the saying goes....."?  Miss Jene has give us a lot of advice and sayings to use while we take this journey through life.
"Don't mess with the buzz."
"Why would anyone do that?"
"Do you know how expensive that is?" (Can be used for beer, wine Diet Pepsi, etc.)
Did I say..."Do you know how expensive?" Well she constantly reminds us at dinner of how expensive A1 Sauce is. (A little secret...she makes her own.)
Did you know she will not buy or use the store brand of Worcestershire sauce (She only uses Lea and Perrins.) How many times have I heard "I'm retired and live on a fixed income?  She also told me I need to get rid of the store brand. I quote..."You need to get rid of that shit." A wise woman.
We all know the story of Jesus with the two fish and five loaves of bread. He fed over 3,000. I wonder did Jesus have enough room to seat everyone?  Jene must have helped him.  A tribute to Jene's supervisor (Florence) was given at 27 (a restaurant at Six Street Market).  Jene invited Supper Club (seven showed up.)  Our prophet turned a two top into a table for seven with room to spare.
Remember Christmas Eve at her mother's house. Our prophet gave everyone a line to use when life is weighing you down. ...."Suck around it Grandma!"
Speaking of Grandma...I wonder did she gain a pound or two as she aged? You know where I'm headed with this one....."I'm too pretty to be this big."  I still laugh like a crazy person.
I could go on and on. One last one....can you imagine having to hear about a trip to Boone (usually 5 1/2 to 6 hours) taking 11 hours?? Our prophet came up with a good line....."That's just not right. That is totally unacceptable."
Food for thought....Jene's words of wisdom can make life a lot easier.....

Happy Birthday, Miss Jene!!
Jude

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lord have mercy...Mr. Jude...you don't forget one thing now do you. I know i can always get a nudge...nudge...and an "Ahhaum" from you...as you too know of what I speak. Some things are indeed "Just not right" and there are nights I know I'm gonna overeat...I listen for your quiet "one liners" in the under-breath only you can deliver! What a birthday joy to have you recall so many of mine. You all bring out the very best in me...when you least expect it! Thank you for putting so many words together...to celebrate! xo

    ReplyDelete