Monday, April 9, 2012

A Simple Easter

I like words...like to play with 'um and tease with 'um, munch and crunch on 'um, but decided to just let this picture speak for itself.

Sunday at Myra's was a simple gathering of good friends and good food brought together around a beautiful table set with "Nurses" Limoges wedding china, always hand washed and set up in the china press after each use; Sonny's momma's linen tablecloth, starched, ironed and folded just so, and Jude's silver.  Each element bore witness to those we love and those we honor.

A long time back I taught Myra how to make stick crosses...like my Daddy taught me when I was little.  She did him proud, placing one at each plate...a simple reminder of why we gather.  

I was grateful to have been in the fold last night, sharing the blessings and the promise on Easter Sunday.

A simple thank you for a simply beautiful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment