Friday, April 20, 2012

The Reality....


Nearly two decades past…and somewhere along the way I started to realize that a woman my age should not be seen waltzin around the yard in lace anything unless it’s for a local production of  Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte.   

Few things worked out the way I had planned.  (Enter Lionel Richie and the Commodores….  http://youtu.be/zg-ivWxy5KE )  Go there if you need a moment…to wallow…or laugh...or just to remember how big hair was in the late 70's!

I guess Momma and Daddy got tired of waitin too cause I came home one weekend and the pool was  gone, filled in with dirt and planted like a garden. The neighbors said that Daddy hired a man with a jack hammer to bust holes in the bottom and then they threw in everything from lounge chairs to life-jackets before a truck load of dirt backed in and buried the very last remnants of my summer weddin plan. I still can't believe it, Sacred ground…turned into nothing more than a tomato patch.  But it’s like I always say, “things happen…so other things can happen.”  

Next time:  Higher Love

No comments:

Post a Comment