Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Buck and Lurlene - The Wedding and Other Memorable Events

Hold your applause
I got married on a cold day in April...sorta like this one. Now if you want to hear some crazy stories of goins on here in the Village, there are none as far-fetched as these. I do hope to post for the next few days...snippets of all that went into the best day ever! (But it wasn't today...so hold your applause)

Flash Back: The Vision

When I was young, I had a vision for my dream wedding. It was rather straight forward; I wanted to get married in my back yard, in the Summer, with watermelons floatin' in the pool.  I wanted a long farm table or two, preferably borrowed from the town park and covered with red and white table cloths.  I imagined Corene and Pearl, from the Horse Shoe restaurant, where I had spent my summers workin the breakfast shift, would assist in fixin a feast of fried chicken and barbeque with all the sides that are proper and fittin a summer wedding feast.  Instead of a cake I just wanted Corene's chocolate and coconut cream pies, sittin on footed glass cake plates as high as we might safely stack'um and still avoid a mishap.  There were would be no flies or bugs, and no humidity.  It would be a perfect day and I would wear a veil I made from the sheer lace curtains that used to hang in my Grandma's front windows, the ones I accidentally cut with her pinkin' shears one day...just to see what lace looked like "pinked".   My dress was simple, white linen with gauzy layers made from the same curtains.  I imagined I would invite Fleetwood Mac down to play Sunny Side of Heaven http://youtu.be/Hh0Rp92f1uA?hd=1)
or, just have a DJ, play it for us, it would be my wedding march...lights would be strung from the house to the back and I'd tie the knot under those pine trees where I had spent countless hours rockin back and forth in the rope hammock, dreamin it all up. 

Up next:  The Reality





 

1 comment:

  1. This is like Mc Donalds..."I'm lovin it" Jimmy

    ReplyDelete