Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Soul Sellin' Part II


I hate clothes....I hate shopping for them, buying them, trying them on, changing them, ironing them...... Of all the Two-Bit Teenas....I am an anomaly. Lurlene can tell you the clothes she was wearing the day she met you. OraLee knows her fashions inside out. MerriLee, well she has an outfit for every holiday in the year....need some jewelry for Groundhog Day?? Dollars to doughnuts MerriLee has some. Each of the Teenas plans in advance for every event. They look for just the right color and design. Me...I start thinking about it five minutes before I am supposed to leave the house...and then wonder why I can't find anything appropriate to wear. I wish that someone would just come to my house, pull everything out of the closet, and then attach those Grr-animals tags so that I would know what to wear with what.

Once the Teenas all went on a cruise around some Greek Islands. On the night of the Captains Dinner, all the other Teenas had, of course, packed a special outfit. Not me...I figured black pants and a white cotton shirt with my dirty old sandals would take me anywhere. I was bunking with Lurlene who, after getting the strange lady out of the bathroom, was appalled at my outfit. She opened up her suitcase pulled out a dress and made me wear it to dinner. Pretty scary stuff.

Me and Lurlene goes a ways back and usually she puts up with me....but when she was getting married she was determined that I was going to dress appropriately. She even bought me a dress....it was flirty and cute and looked nothing like me. I went shopping and kept bringing home dresses which she promptly said made me look like an old maid. Finally she gave up and let me wear one of them....old maid and all. Lurlene is like that....she figured she rather have me calm down than keep winding me up. So....when you see the pictures, the other Teenas are bright and sparkly and I am the one in black.

At the wedding, each guest was given a small token as they left....a delicious treat made by MerriLee, a charm, and a fortune. My fortune read "Beware of all events requiring new clothes." My point exactly.

3 comments:

  1. Vera Lee is right...I know when to poke her, know when to fold her! Get her to tell you about "Shrimp in the Bathroom" That is after she gets back from pimpin her new book at the Social Studies Fair. xoTL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I see a photo "cropping" opportunity with the three Chiquita Bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Missy, you are gonna have to add a photo..because I have already said you were the posin queen! Tell them about Queen Size!

    ReplyDelete