Monday, September 14, 2009

Vera Lee and Bubba


...are on vacation! I got word from her Saturday during our usual 9:00 o'clock wake up call, except it was 7:00 o'clock where they were...out west. But she is havin a blast, said they have prostitute callin cards that folks just give out on the street, like we have flyers on our windshield when we come out of Walmart. I ask her to collect a few for me, I like to know what those girls charge.


Anyway, she told me she took Bubba to a Mexican restaurant to meet the Tequila Goddess, but that she was out havin' a baby and then Vera Lee said, that that was alright because the world could use a few more Tequila Goddesses. I loved that.


Back home, we're hoping Vera Lee's old car won't get towed because today is street cleanin day. We tried to move it...pushed it across the street for one side, but gittin it back was kinda "up-hill" so Mr. Pat, (our old manager from when we usta sing with the Fabulous Neons) went out to try and start it because the battery is plum dead...and ended up havin the door slam shut on him with the keys in tha car..and it locked! Mr. Pat was late for his day job and called me to see if I had a set of keys, but I didn't...But I told him to go on and I put a sign on the windshield, "Vera Lee and Bubba are on vacation so please do not tow this car, the keys are in it!" I hope that works! I'll keep an eye on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment