Wednesday, May 4, 2016

This Bud's for you....



I haven't written a story in goin' on some time.  Due to life's little events, I was in hibernation, not makin' too many stories...least not the ones I wanted to tell.  But I'm back now.  I hope to be makin' lots of stories.  Here's my first in a bit.  

Lord, I do love a good story and I’ve just got to share one from the weekend.  VerDell  and Bubba have some wonderful friends over there on the Cape.  Bless’um one and all.  One of’um, Ms. Miriam is always on the cuttin’ edge of stuff; like flavors and wines and Prosecco’s etc, because she has a good eye and a super pallet and is I’talian (and you know they are famous for style).  All that bein’ said; upon arrival, VerDell brings out the Champaign in what Lurlene might call a bud vase.  
 It was a beautiful thing, light as a feather and even to my eye, of good form.   So I took it, thinkin; bless her heart, I have got to get this child some glasses from the Dollar Tree, cause you know, we get rowdy and things break and now she is havin’ to serve us from her collection of Bud vases. 
So I said, “honey, what happened to your champagne glasses, you know I have about a dozen I picked up last week at the Tree, and I would be more than happy to bring some on the next visit. “  
Well, she looked at me pitiful like, not wantin’ to hurt my feelins in the least and gently replied, that those glasses were a gift from her friend, the one with the good taste, and they were fine Italian, hand blown champagne glasses, all different, each a work of art. 
I turned my head just so slightly to the side, the right side, the one I use when I am being polite, the one that precedes, “Ahhhhhh,”   and bought myself a moment of composure.   
Well you can guess the rest of the story.  I hit the Tree when I got home and picked myself up some fine Italian style.  Just look in the bud-vase section.  They hold 8 ounces, a hefty flute if I ever saw one.   Oh yes, and check out my champagne cooler.  Life is good at the Crow Bar.  Happy Hour starts at five, oh and don’t worry, if you break one, I’ve got a spare.    
Thank you Miriam for the fine inspiration.     

No comments:

Post a Comment