Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cheesus Christ!



So you all know my weakness for cheese when the going gets tough and this week it has been so stressful that I found myself thinking "Cheesus Christ" is there a cheese Jesus I wondered? If so...I was in great need of a fix. I will spare you the details.

Since I couldn't find one,(Cheese Jesus) I made a huge bowl of Cheesus Grits. What is Cheesus Grits you ask? Well they are my own concoction blended to "set you free", release endorphins and leave you thankin the Lord. I know nothin about proportions, I blend and stir until it all looks right, but this is what I did this mornin to burn the meanness out of my heart.

Water, red pepper flakes, garlic, turmeric, adobo.
Bring to a boil and add salt of the sea.
Stir in grits.....stir....is the operative word...watch for lumps.
Stir and reduce heat
Stir, until just thick enough to scald your hand as the bubbles burst
Add a chunk of shredded Habanera and Scotch Bonnet cheese to the mix.
Stir until melted and probably hotter than hell.
Pour into a bowl and eat.
Just let it burn all the way down, sanctified, and satisfied. Oh you'll feel the glow for about an hour and then again I'm sure. But trust me; it will take your mind off that gorilla on your back and the dew-breakin is good for your complection.

So okay...I'm ready for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment