Monday, March 19, 2012

Weed-eatin'


“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
Alan Greenspan

There are some things that I just over-work.  I practice sayin’ what needs to be said over and over because I want it to be "exactly right".  But I've learned there are just times when what somebody hears has more to do with what they’re expectin' to hear than what’s actually being said, or to put it another way. 

“I know you heard what you think I said, but that’s because you were “loaded for bear” and wouldn’t be happy until you had fired off a shot. "

Truth be told, I guess we’re all been guilty of carryin’ a loaded attitude at some point and time in life; doesn’t make it right to aim it at innocent folks though.   

Buck told me once that I was mad because I needed to be mad and that was fine, but to point it someplace else and then handed me the weed-eater   He took a risk, but it payed off.
I’m not gonna prolong this post but I do have to mention that, the same goes for an apology,  Even when you speak from the heart, if that other heart isn’t ready, or is all puffed up and defensive, neither words nor deeds will find their rightful place. 

Some things take time…and weed-eatin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment