Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Slippery


I feel bad, I haven't been cuttin "the Mustard" because I felt like this was a place to do something special, you know, keepin the stories alive and all. But I'm lonely here because nobody else writes and for Godzilla's sake folks, Lurlene needs bait, a carrot, sumpin to go after, so toss me a bone!

So anyway, I decided that I would start to put a few comics from the Book of Lurlene up. After all, they're a part of the moment too. You know like when you go out and somebody says somethin so darn funny or "pointed" as my Momma used to say, and you think, to yourself, "now I'm just gonna remember that forever" and five minutes later not one person can remember exactly what it was, but everybody agrees it was good and it could have been published in the Reader's Digest, if you could just remember it. Well, that's what these are like for me.

This one is "through" VerDell. She and I talk on the phone in the morning, it's like our little "pic-me-upper so I can get through this day Lord" time. I say somethin that has no meaning and is probably not based on any fact and she calls me out on it and we get into a rant or she just says somethin profound without even knowin it, kinda like the other day when we were talkin about how often we find ourselves between in a rock and a hard place and she said, as dry as you please, "good thing we're slippery". Simple as that! Well, I was no more good, I rolled and told her I was gonna write that down and I did, sorta.

So thank you to all my muses and while these won't ever appear in the Reader's Digest, they'll cut the Mustard when words fail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment