Friday, September 3, 2010

The Detail Mirror

Lurlene knew something was missing, but she just wasn’t sure what.

When we hold up a "detail mirror" to our lives and weigh ourselves against others, we are not able to see the things that make us truly unique.

Word according to Lurlene. 9-3-2010

Here's another one of my little "bite-me" maps that my friend Carol showed me how to do one day at work. When I don't have "words" I like to think in pictures, and when I can't find the pictures I want, in nature, or through surfin Google images, I find myself in the proverbial pickle of havin to actually draw them.

So one day Carol says, "do you ever use PAINT, I told her that I liked pencil better and she, in her computer savy wisdom said, "No goof-ball, PAINT, on your computer." So I says, "Show me." and well, now, when I'm feelin down and low, I PAINT. So thank you Carol for openin that door for me.

Wanna Paint? You've all got it if you have a PC and thanks to the Gatesmiester General. You Macs, well, you're so good you don't need it! Think it’s easy? It makes Etch-a-Sketch feel like a walk in the park. I use my mouse only, no stylist or special tools.

So, if you gotta minute, (or an hour because it is addictin) click on Paint under "My programs" click on accessories and have a go. Don't judge yourself, "Just Do It" to quote the poets at Nike. Use the pencil, the brush, the spray, have a blast. It'le be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment